Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Amazing moment....

Adan's surgery went very well.  The doctor is very optimistic after what he saw and did today.  He has decided not to take the bone from the forearm for his upper jaw but instead  from his ribs.  So it will be a lot more painful for Adan but he will be using 3 to 4 parts of his ribs for mouth and nose.  It was so cool to hear the doctor say that he is not sure if he will use an implant for one bone or use rib...he had to pray about it.   Doctor is asking for many prayers tomorrow as there is many things that could go wrong with microsurgery for veins to connect, skin and bone graphing.  Today he opened up his nose at the top part where it connected for the flip, close to his right eye.  He placed a temporary implant in it to stretch the skin so that he has it to use tomorrow.  The implant is a tube that he then stuffed the area around it so that Adan could breath through his nose.  And PRAISE GOD....he did!!!!!   I told him he could but he did not want to at first.  He was really droggy tonight because he was under from 8 to 3.  Then he asked for ice and I told him his voice was different.  He opened his eyes wide and then closed his mouth and took two very deep breaths through his nose!!!!  I wish you all could have seen it.  It was a moment we will never forget.  For the first time in 4 years he could do it!!!!!!  He did not talk much more so I can't wait to hear him again.  He asked me yesterday if he will be able to blow bubbles with his gum now.... I think that might just happen:)  It's amazing how we take such little things for granted.  Tomorrow surgery is at 7:30 and should go until 3ish. 

2 comments:

  1. God is sure amazing! The class,my family, and me will keep praying for a good surgery and recovery. You are in my thoughts and prayers through the day, weeks, months, and years ahead. Keep on fighting Adan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, I hope i can be apart of this amazing thing that has happened and i cant wait to hear your voice and how it has changed. I've been praying for you every day, every night, and every morning and most of the time in the afternoon. Adan you are in prayer every where. I hope you get better soon!!!

    Joelle

    ReplyDelete